Is pot / marijuana legal in colorado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riberatus

I was wondering whether pot or marijuana is legal in Colorado. My friend was charged for having 5 ounces and I thought that pot was legalized in Colorado already. I thought that having larger amounts of marijuana was only a criminal offense if you didn't have a medical reason or prescription from your doctor.

Is driving after smoking pot a crime or a liability?

I was wondering whether smoking marijuana before driving means I can be pulled over for a crime or have liability in an accident if I am not high? I think the law is not clear about whether you can smoke pot and drive if you're fine. You can even smoke cigarettes and drive so why not marijuana? I had an accident 2 weeks ago that wasn't my fault and it was the other person's fault for driving too fast and dangerous on a side street. If they ask me to take a drug test I probably won't pass. But I was fine at the time I was driving and didn't smoke for 2 hours before I got into the car. Could the other driver make me take a drug test and could I be found responsible for the accident?

I was wondering whether smoking marijuana before driving means I can be pulled over for a crime or have liability in an accident if I am not high? I think the law is not clear about whether you can smoke pot and drive if you're fine. You can even smoke cigarettes and drive so why not marijuana? I had an accident 2 weeks ago that wasn't my fault and it was the other person's fault for driving too fast and dangerous on a side street. If they ask me to take a drug test I probably won't pass. But I was fine at the time I was driving and didn't smoke for 2 hours before I got into the car. Could the other driver make me take a drug test and could I be found responsible for the accident?

Cigarettes don't impair your senses, or lessen your awareness while driving.
Weed has THX which does alter one's senses, somewhat lie alcohol.
Your state has laws about driving while under the influence if alcohol, weed, narcotics, some prescribed medications, some over the counter medications, etc...
If you're puffing on that dred WEED, you're better off NOT driving.
But, this isn't a government website, and none if us here have the authority to issue government edicts using this site.
I suggest you call your,coal police, state patrol, or county sheriff and ask them.
They'll explain ALL of the DO'S and DON'TS about puffing and driving, along with drinking and driving.
My advice, don't do either.
The laws tday, IF they catch and later convict you, are VERY tough.

As far as an accident last night, and a drug test tomorrow, it'll prove NOTHING as long as you weren't tested at the accident scene.

If you're smart, it's time to SHUT UP.
Why do you want to make trouble for yourself?
You got away with one, so don't say stupid stuff that'll make trouble for yourself.

Last edited:
Alcohol is legal under both state and Federal law. But if you are driving under the influence of alcohol (which does not necessarily mean drunk) you can be cited for that. What makes you think marijuana would be any different?

Alcohol is legal under both state and Federal law. But if you are driving under the influence of alcohol (which does not necessarily mean drunk) you can be cited for that. What makes you think marijuana would be any different?
We have a news article coming out right on this topic. You'd be shocked how many think that a DUI means only alcohol and how many believe that since there isn't a BAC equivalent of which they are aware and that they are "better" drivers when high, then they aren't impaired either. It's just an informal poll but much of it has to do with the marijuana smoking population's argument that alcohol is a more dangerous substance and that pot only pacifies people and gives them enhanced awareness. It's frightening. What you do in your own home is your own business. But on the road where everyone else's safety is at risk, there shouldn't even need to be a law to force people to use prudent judgment that should be obvious, common sense.

But on the road where everyone else's safety is at risk, there shouldn't even need to be a law to force people to use prudent judgment that should be obvious, common sense.

Yep but the problem is everyone doesn't use common sense. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back