Naturalization, Citizenship Is my unborn child able to obtain a dual citizanship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

movingup

I am pregnant with a child and the baby's father is from the U.S.A and I am from Canada. I am planning on returning to Canada to give birth to my child and then later on when the child is old enough returning to the U.S so that my child's father is able to see and be with my child.
What I am wondering is because I am Canadian and I want my child to be be born in Canada and the baby's father is American does that make it possible for my child to obtain a dual-citizanship? I know that another friend of mine is in a similar situation and her child obtained her dual-citizanship but I want to make sure that mine can as well. If my child is able to obtain a dual-citizanship where do I go and what forms do I fill out in order to obtain my child's dual-citizanship?

Additionally, I am the child of an American mother and a Canadian father, and I myself was born in Canada. When I needed clarification of my status, the duty officer of the Canadian Consultate was extremely helpful. Don't hesitate to give them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back