Is My Fiancée Already Married to Someone else

Neesham

Jurisdiction
Texas
I just moved in with my fiancée who said she was living with her girlfriend before we moved in. However, she would never let me visit her when we were dating saying it was bad omen and all. So, I was suspicious.

Yesterday, I found two things:

1. The lease document of her previous apartment that showed that she was actually staying with a man. I drove to that place immediately and checked with the neighbors who confirmed that there was a married couple staying there. So, she was married to this dude, that much is for sure. Further investigation (older lease docs) revealed that she was living with this guy for the past 10 years. This man also helped her as a donor for the IVF that got her pregnant now.

2. A (blank) contract that read, " In the event of a baby, I, Lucy, claim no alimony from Dan. We have agreed to both care for the baby without alimony. "

Lucy is my fiancée and Dan is the guy she was seemingly hiding from me.

Before I decide how to handle this situation, I want to know one important piece of information. Based on the quoted text from the contract, can we say if these two people are:

a) Still Married
b) Married but currently divorced
c) Not Married

My fiancée had an IVF with a donor 3 months ago and she said he was just a friend, but today I found the following documents in her computer and am starting to question if they are just friends or married too? They have been living together for at least 5 years now.

Document-1:

I, Dan give permission to use my sperm to create an embryo for the purpose of having a baby with Lucy. In the event of the baby, I will be the father of the child and she will be a mother of the child and we will share rights for caring about the baby.

Document-2:

In the event of a baby, I, Lucy, claim no alimony from Dan We have agreed to both care for the baby without alimony.

Based on these two documents, is it clear that they are married or divorced or what?

Please help. I cannot ask her this directly as that would end it all for us. May be that's how it is meant to be, but I need to know the facts please.

You really know how to choose them, don't you mate?

How to go about things in this horrible situation I have got myself into? Please help

Your fiancé wouldn't be the five decade old woman who claimed she was impregnated by some nasty, naughty sperm cocktail, would it mate?

On to your very clever question, is the five decade old female I've been "schtooping" (The act of sexual intercourse - usually in a hap-hazard way, in secret, and without regard for anything much past the act itself. The connotation implies a possibly dirty, naughty, sweaty act purely to satiate a purely, primordial animalistic urge.)?

a) Still Married
b) Married but currently divorced
c) Not Married

I'll vote "A".
Why?
She knows a mark when she sees one, mate.

I've got a question for you mate.
How much money have you "loaned" this female?

Why are you engaged to someone who is trying to have a baby with someone else and whose home you were not allowed to visit??? Buddy, who cares if she is married, divorced, or just a trainwreck, drop her like a hot potato and look for someone with less than a streamer trunk of issues.

Why are you engaged to someone who is trying to have a baby with someone else and whose home you were not allowed to visit??? Buddy, who cares if she is married, divorced, or just a trainwreck, drop her like a hot potato and look for someone with less than a streamer trunk of issues.
Because I love her and am attached to her. :(

Your problems aren't legal problems.
Your problems are emotional and psychological.
You need to discuss your issues with a therapist, a social worker, a psychologist, and a psychiatrist ASAP.

If you refuse to seek the help you desperately need, they'll fleece and butcher you.

^ What he said.

Marry this woman and you are staring a whole lot of legal issues in the face right off the bat. If you are married at the time she gives birth, YOU will be the legal father. It doesn't matter who signed what, or who acted as sperm donor. You can challenge this in court but it will cost you.

IF she is legally married, all you have is an adulteress girlfriend. You can not legally marry her. Period.

If you can not even ask this woman you supposedly love about her marital status and she is lying about her reproductive ambitions and past living arrangements, this won't last a week. I can promise you that you didn't happen onto the only two things she is not being honest about.

You don't have to marry everyone you love. Heck, I love my best friend, my family, and my cat, but I am not marrying any of them. Marriage is a legal status, not just an emotional one. You need to make sure that the legal part is as sound as the love part. Not to mention, while you may love her, it seems the odds are against her feeling the same about you or she would have invited you over and been planning a child with you.

I agree with Army Judge.... You need to seek professional mental health.. I wouldn't touch that women with a 100' pole. She is a lair, cheater as well. Do you think that will stop once your married? I wouldn't want to be with someone that lies... Your life is going to be a train wreck.... I know soon we will be reading. " Hey remember me? I was the guy that was engaged to the lair. Well now she is suing me for child support. Once we got married she some how got me to sign papers stating i would provide for the child. Now we are going thru a divorce and she is seeking child support.

That will be your next question....

Back