Is my divorce settlement still negotiable 8yrs later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcrespo99

I divorced my husband in 1998. He walked away from the marriage leaving EVERYTHING to me. This was what he wanted and what he got. He has a child born to another woman as of 1993. His child support is current but he is asking for modification to lower the monthly.
The custodial parent is trying to push this to a trial involving our divorce settlement and how much was rightfully his.
Can the child support system or her attorney go after my assets after over 8 yrs?
What is the statue of limitations on divorce settlements?
How ugly could this get?

Well, it is very unlikely he can go after a share of his assets now.

As for child support, that can always change based on several circumstances.

Do you have an attorney?

No, no attorney

I do not have an attorney and am not sure i would need one. My Ex-husband just filed a support modification on his own and the custodial parent is fighting the modification to lower support because once upon a time the man she preyed upon was worth a lot of money. My ex-husband will walk away from the case if he feels that I will be drug in to it.

Get A Lawyer

Unless you have a desire to lose, get a Lawyer and get one now.

I do not have an attorney and am not sure i would need one. My Ex-husband just filed a support modification on his own and the custodial parent is fighting the modification to lower support because once upon a time the man she preyed upon was worth a lot of money. My ex-husband will walk away from the case if he feels that I will be drug in to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back