Is it wrongful termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drd_0568

On March 6th, I suffered a heart attack for which I was hospitalized for 15 days. I received a physicians release to go back to work on March 21st. When I dropped off my release for work, I was told by the administrator that she, the RDO, and the corporate HR person felt it was in their best interest to term me. She handed me a written warning about why I was being termed. She said that I showed little or no regards to policy and procedure and I didn't complete my task in a timely fashion. Well, if thats the case, why wasn't I ever written up 18 months prior to me going into the hospital by other administrators and as well as the corporate RDO who was in our building twice a month, he made checks on the work that I was doing, he never said anything. He also knew that they had me working 3 departments for which I was only getting paid to work one. These departments were full time departments. This sounds a little trumped up to me. If I done my job correctly and was never out of compliance the previous months then why all of a sudden I was doing such a bad job after my heart attack.

It's possible. It's certainly worth discussing with an employment attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back