Is it possible to make a contract with the government before hand to collect reward money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privatesecurity

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
I was wondering if someone is interested in becoming a confidential source if it would be possible for the person to make a contract with the federal government before hand to agree to an amount of money that would be paid to them upon the arrest of the person. Specially if the case involves Narco Terrorism or Terrorism, and the person would be eligible under the information for which rewards are authorized program? 18 USC 3071: Information for which rewards authorized

Ask the agency involved. By the way, "Specially" is not a word.

You don't get to choose whether or not you get to become a "confidential source", whatever that really means.

confidential source if it would be possible for the person to make a contract with the federal government before hand

If you wish to become a CI, you're probably already in the wrong profession.

That isn't to say you'll never become a CI, if you're not involved in criminal activity.

The DEA wouldn't shoo you away, if you were to walk into one of their field offices and volunteer some information as a show of good faith.

If the DEA chooses to act on your tip, you could be invited back for an encore performance.

Another option is to walk into any US Attorney's office and ask to speak with an AUSA about a sensitive matter.

Same process applies, as in you'll have to give someone "something" in order for you to receive "something".

The IRS is another possibility, without many of the "show me yours first" games.

Good luck, citizen....

If you wish to become a CI, you're probably already in the wrong profession.

That isn't to say you'll never become a CI, if you're not involved in criminal activity.

The DEA wouldn't shoo you away, if you were to walk into one of their field offices and volunteer some information as a show of good faith.

If the DEA chooses to act on your tip, you could be invited back for an encore performance.

Another option is to walk into any US Attorney's office and ask to speak with an AUSA about a sensitive matter.

Same process applies, as in you'll have to give someone "something" in order for you to receive "something".

The IRS is another possibility, without many of the "show me yours first" games.

Good luck, citizen....

Assuming that someone knew about criminal activity, and then was to help do a sting operation against the person, and the person gets arrested. Would it be possible the next time around when they know someone is committing a crime, or wants to commit a crime, and it involves terrorism or espionage would it be possible for them to make a contract beforehand saying that they will help get the person arrested on terrorism charges for 100 thousand dollars?

would it be possible for them to make a contract beforehand saying that they will help get the person arrested on terrorism charges for 100 thousand dollars?

I don't think our federal government contracts, per se, with its many CIs.

However, federal CIs can be handsomely compensated, if they consistently produce results.

Bear in mind, these "deals" depend on many things.

Each CI is treated uniquely.

That said, you'll ONLY obtain specific answers upon introducing yourself to the appropriate agency.

If you know about POTENTIAL terrorism activities, those are investigated under the auspices of the JTTF.

Each JTTF operation operates under the jurisdiction of a local US Attorney and FBI office.

A Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) is a partnership between various federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, as well as private organizations, that are charged with taking action against terrorism which includes the investigation of crimes such as wire fraud and identity theft.

Here is their website:

Joint Terrorism Task Forces — FBI

ICE also operates within JTTF, here is their website:

Joint Terrorism Task Force

You can also report tips about terrorism here:

Submit a Tip

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible. I'm sure the FBI would be happy to speak with you about your knowledge of terrorism. Please give them a call.

Why don't you worry about getting a job instead of trying to play James Bond in order to make hundreds of thousands of hypothetical dollars.

I don't think our federal government contracts, per se, with its many CIs.

However, federal CIs can be handsomely compensated, if they consistently produce results.

Bear in mind, these "deals" depend on many things.

Each CI is treated uniquely.

That said, you'll ONLY obtain specific answers upon introducing yourself to the appropriate agency.

If you know about POTENTIAL terrorism activities, those are investigated under the auspices of the JTTF.

Each JTTF operation operates under the jurisdiction of a local US Attorney and FBI office.

A Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) is a partnership between various federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, as well as private organizations, that are charged with taking action against terrorism which includes the investigation of crimes such as wire fraud and identity theft.

Here is their website:

Joint Terrorism Task Forces — FBI

ICE also operates within JTTF, here is their website:

Joint Terrorism Task Force

You can also report tips about terrorism here:

Submit a Tip

Would there be an attorney who could represent me in this instead of me having to deal directly with them? I tried to get attorneys to deal with this, and most I called in my area have no clue about any of this. Where could I find an experience attorney in this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back