Criminal Records, Expungement Is it possible to change a guilty charge to adjudication withheld?

Not open for further replies.


New Member
A friend of mine has a felony on his record and he is trying to get it expunged. He can't though because he was found guilty on two separate charges of driving without a license since the felony. Is it possible, say if he wrote the judge, for the judge to change the guilty charge to adjudication withheld or is that something that would have had to be done before he was ever found guilty?
Your friend is stuck with those felonies.

He, more than likely, pled out to those charges.

If he did, he also waived his appellate rights.

If he was convicted, on the other hand, he's stuck unless he's got lots of loot to spend on a great lawyer. Even then, there is no guarantee.
Not open for further replies.