Right of Publicity Is it ok to resell something like a wii or ps4 made portable and advertise it?

Mauricio

Jurisdiction
California
If I where to sell a modified wii or ps4, would I be in trouble for advertising it in a youtube ad? Or any ad for that matter? I know that it is completely legal to resell anything you buy, but is it legal to advertise it and sell it in a portable manner as long as you state that you have no association to the company and all intellectual property belongs to them? I would even rename it as to not mention the name but would explain what it is, for example, a portable wii would he a "portable revolution"

If I where to sell a modified wii or ps4, would I be in trouble for advertising it in a youtube ad?

Probably not, as long as you disclose what it is you're selling.

However, no one here has the authority to allow you sell something, or the authority to tell you NOT to sell something.

You are free to do whatever it is you wish, as long as your actions don' run afoul of your state's (or any other state's laws - in some cases) laws.

What you receive here might be opinion, conjecture, or fact.

What you won't receive here (or at any discussion site) is legal advice.

If you desire legal advice, you'll have to hire a lawyer, or get one to assist you pro bono.

The usual warning applies: BUYER BEWARE.

a modified wii or ps4

Modified how?

sell it in a portable manner

What does this mean?

as long as you state that you have no association to the company and all intellectual property belongs to them

Unnecessary.

I would even rename it as to not mention the name

Unnecessary.

Folks have been advertising and selling used video game systems, by name, for decades. Nothing wrong with it. Your modifications -- depending on what they are -- might be illegal.

Back