Is cryptocurrency in a final death spiral?

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Other
Coinbase says that Bitcoin is up 1.61% for the day (at the very second I'm writing this).

Color me old timey...but yeah...no. Don't trust internet "money". I want the green paper or the gold coin. ;)

I love all of our wonderful, deceased presidents, cabinet officers, and founders; especially their portraits on any US Paper Currency.

Old Benjamin Franklin remains the most handsome on all our paper currency in circulation.

The $1,000 bill features Alexander Hamilton.
My dad left gave me his only $1,000 bill a few months before he passed.

Before mother passed several year's later, she gave me two $10,000 bills displaying the portrait of Lincoln's Secretary of the Treasury, Salmon P. Chase.

Chase is the most handsome man I know. :) :D
I wish I had a thousand like the two I have. LOL

WOW, I'd be very worried IF I had one CONFEDERATE dollar invested in those "tricky" thingys.
I'm not worried about that...I'm more worried about my timing. $3 now is nowhere near as good as $3 would have been at the start :(

Color me old timey...but yeah...no. Don't trust internet "money". I want the green paper or the gold coin. ;)

Then you may not be ready for what is coming. While Bit Coin, Doge Coin and the rest are very speculative investments because real world noncriminal use of these private currencies is very limited the future of currency is likely to be something other than block chain digital currency. That future is central bank digital currency (CBDC). That is where a nation's central bank — the Federal Reserve for the US — is the issuer of the digital currency. Because it is issued by the central bank, it would not need block chain technology to limit the amount of currency issued. Instead, other technology that verifies the currency could be used, thus eliminating the very high power consumption that currencies like Bit Coin now require. CBDC would live as a wallet on your digital devices that you would then use to pay for everything. There are a variety of ways that can be one, for example in the US it would likely be your bank that holds your CBDC and thus would look to you much like internet banking does today. Or the central bank could hold all the wallets, as in the case of China, which is already doing limited testing of its CBDC. Should the CBDC really take hold, physical cash might no longer be issued by the central banks, with the result that paper money eventually disappears as a real medium of exchange.

Back