Interstate Compact Supervision Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydh3113

Jurisdiction
Mississippi
My Husband transferred the remainder of his 5yr probation from MS to Nevada. In MS he was receiving 30 days for 30 days good time credit. He spent 1yr in MS on probation, received a year in good time credit so when arriving in Nevada he had 3yrs left. Even though Nevada has 20 days for 30 days good time credit he was told he didnt qualify for this being that he was transfered under the compact. Even though Nevada recognizes everything else from MS, they seem confused about this. The probation officer used the words, "we dont think he gets it". Do i need legal representation for this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Do i need legal representation for this?

No, you don't need a lawyer.

The person on probation might wish to speak to a lawyer.

Be advised Nevada doesn't have to do it the Mississippi way.

What does that mean?

It means Nevada could simply say, go back to Mississippi.

Therefore, it is advisable to be very careful, polite, and not pushy; if he wishes to stay in Nevada.

No, you don't need a lawyer.

The person on probation might wish to speak to a lawyer.

Be advised Nevada doesn't have to do it the Mississippi way.

What does that mean?

It means Nevada could simply say, go back to Mississippi.

Therefore, it is advisable to be very careful, polite, and not pushy; if he wishes to stay in Nevada.
Thanks for the response. I agree with your last statement. Being that he fulfills the "earned good time" criteria that Nevada requires we were just hoping it wouldn't be open for interpretation and that it would be an automatic thing just like in his sending state. If not than it is what it is.

Thanks for the response. I agree with your last statement. Being that he fulfills the "earned good time" criteria that Nevada requires we were just hoping it wouldn't be open for interpretation and that it would be an automatic thing just like in his sending state. If not than it is what it is.

MS gave him probation.

NV can choose to accept him, but NV isn't obligated or mandated to accept him.

The best thing for him to do is do exactly as he's told without whining.

If the good time interpretation is incorrect initially, it'll eventually get corrected.

There is no hurry, as he has at least two years, if not three to get this ironed out.

As a new kid on their block, he should show he's willing to play nice with others, obey their rules, and cheerfully comply.

MS gave him probation.

NV can choose to accept him, but NV isn't obligated or mandated to accept him.

The best thing for him to do is do exactly as he's told without whining.

If the good time interpretation is incorrect initially, it'll eventually get corrected.

There is no hurry, as he has at least two years, if not three to get this ironed out.

As a new kid on their block, he should show he's willing to play nice with others, obey their rules, and cheerfully comply.
Ok, now i will be a little defensive. Hes very cooperative, humble, and not whiny in any way. This was just an inquiry on my behalf just because it would be nice to have his probation end sooner just as if he was tried, convicted and released here. So again thanks for your "input" discussion over.

Ok, now i will be a little defensive. Hes very cooperative, humble, and not whiny in any way. This was just an inquiry on my behalf just because it would be nice to have his probation end sooner just as if he was tried, convicted and released here. So again thanks for your "input" discussion over.

Do you think I care if you become defensive?

I don't even know you, but if I did, I wouldn't care.

You and your convict can commit more crimes for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back