Intersection Mishap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratchison

My wife was in a turn lane and in the process to make a left hand turn all lanes of on-coming traffic were clear. There were three automobiles in the left turn lane on the other side of the intersection, two were making their turn so my wife decided to make her turn... all would have been fine but the third automobile changed into the oncoming lane and t-boned my wife's Jeep.

Cops showed up but seemed overly friendly with the gentleman in the truck, they even laughed it up a bit... my wife has pictures to show it. The first officer did not even seem to worry about my wife at all, however a second officer showed up and was more on my wife's side it seemed but he was not the investigating officer.

The police report shows my wife is at fault, which seems kind of funny, my wife has photos of the first cop handing the man who was driving the truck what appears to be a copy of the form that he and my wife had to fill out. My wife was not given one, so whats going on with that.

I hate to think that the first officer is friends with the man who struck my wife, she's a bit bruised up and sore she spent a few hours in the emergency waiting room, he did not appear to be hurt at all, laughing and carrying on with the first cop and a couple that were passing by.

It seems that all the cards are stacked in his favor, but if by some chance that because my wife is not from that county, and the officer does know the gentleman and he did change his mind at the last minute and changed lanes, which seems like wreak-less driving to me, should put him at least half at fault.

Now by some off chance that he is somewhat at fault then I would feel that we should take this to court. My wife has never had any traffic violations, tickets, or anything... she's very safe and would have never crossed if there had been any oncoming traffic.

Long story short: This happened in Mobile, Alabama on Thur. May 12 2011... A picture is worth a thousand words and the pictures my wife has really looks like the first officer was on the mans side from the start, when he should not have been on any side at all.

I don't know, just digging a bit for some kind of advice... I'm not a big fan of laws myself they seem to protect people who are careless, and those who murder, rape, and rob their why through life.

Oh... let me see is I can make it a bit more clear.

|||o |||
=== ====
|||+|||

Alrighty never mind that here is a really sorry picture I just tossed together a minute ago..

I suggest you speak with a couple local attorneys.
The initial consultation is free.
If you still think wifey is right after speaking with the lawyers, hire one to represent her.
Tell your insurance company.
If they agree, they might even provide counsel to represent her.
But, stick to the facts.
Shennanigins and hijinx aren't facts.

Did your wife have a protected left? Was the lane that the other driver came from a left turn only lane?

If she did not have a protected left (green arrow) then she may have been at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back