Interruption dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

rougedreams2

There is a gray area in my divorce agreement. I am required to pay 60% my sons schooling. In divorce agreement I am to have this paid in full at year end is the only requirement that was placed on me. The pay schedule for the school can be made as a one time payment or monthly. I would rather make the one time payment but that is not a discussion topic that my ex. will have. So I have opted to make her the one time payment at the end of the year. My ex is taking me to court on the basis that she wants me to make monthly payments. The school will not allow two separate payments to be made thru and also I do not trust my ex to make the payments to me. A few questions I have that I hope someone can enlighten me are:

If I let this go to court, what chance does she have to get this change and or what could happen to me? Also if she does get her way can I be held liable to pay her lawyers? Do I need a lawyer and I defend myself if this goes to court?

Why not suggest that you take turns with the monthly payments so that you pay 60% of the months on your own, and she pays 40% of the months on her own?

Why not suggest that you take turns with the monthly payments so that you pay 60% of the months on your own, and she pays 40% of the months on her own?

There is an outside company that haddles all the payments, they will only allow payments to be taken out of one acct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back