Insurance hike after an isolated loss of consciousness; Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejesusmom

In September of 2014 I had passed out which was a result if dehydration from an isolated illness. In a panic my husband called 911 and I was transported to a local hospital. After IV fluids and treatment I was sent home. Shortly after I was surprised to get a letter from the DMV stating that my license was suspended for this reason until I had my physician fill out the paperwork in which the Department of Vehicles Safety reinstated my license almost immediately. Consequently I just received my insurance statement for 2015-2016 and noticed that my insurance has gone up over $450.00. I was shocked considering in almost 40 years I have never had an accident or ticket. I called my insurance agent who informed me that the DMV only lists that there was a suspension and the reason was why was irrelevant to the state or department of insurance, therefore raising my rates. I was also informed that I would have this on my record for the next 3 years.
My question is if this can be removed? According to my longtime agent he did not sound confident. Is this legal? How can an incident that happened in my home that has nothing to do with a disorder now make me a at risk driver and pay rates that are even higher than a person that has had an accident or 1 ticket. Does anyone know who or how to fight this? Please help if you know!!!

I suggest you discuss this matter with DMV and pose your questions to DMV authorities.

Alternatively, you are always FREE to discuss the matter with three or four local attorneys.

The initial meeting is often FREE of charge.

This is not unusual nor is it illegal. Your rates didn't go up because of a medical condition, they went up because you had a suspended license and typically, those with suspended licenses are more likely to file a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back