1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Insurance company won't cover my accident and the other party is coming after me for 9k

Discussion in 'Auto Accidents, Injuries' started by Jesseacronym, Dec 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

A distinction without a difference.

2. Jesseacronym

Jesseacronym Law Topic Starter New Member

Regardless, there's no way 9k of expenses were required after their insurance covered the damages. I'm going to hire an attorney and fight it. I'll update this thread with the results.

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Permit me to do it for you.

Good on you, mate.

4. Jesseacronym

Not really the point. Online forums should be about sharing info that others could potentially learn from. If that isn't the case here, then good day to you.
    Thanks for all the advice.

5. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

If there was 9k of damages after the insurance payment, then pardon me but yes you should be required to pay it. Since you admit to being at fault. (There is no difference, legally, between "technically at fault" and "at fault")

6. Jesseacronym

Regardless, I'm going to fight it. There's no way that there was 9k worth of damages as no property was damaged. I could be wrong but I'm confident that I won't be paying what they're currently asking for. Thank you everyone for your insight.

7. flyingron

flyingron Active Member

If it wasn't covered, it wasn't covered and you can be SUSPENDED for it.

I can almost guarantee that if a lawyer is seeking a judgement against you, he WILL report it to the DMV when he gets it to get leverage to collect.

8. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

That's complete BS.

You were at fault = YOU pay.

9. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

So that means your vehicle was not insured.

You seem to like playing games with words.

10. Jesseacronym

Just because you're found at fault by the insurance company doesn't mean you were completely at fault for the outcome of the accident. I was struck by a person that ran a red. Had she not done that, there would have been no accident. But this doesn't matter. As far as insurance companies are concerned, you pull out onto a street and cause an accident, you're at fault.

But none of this even matters and was only mentioned for the sake of the conversation. I'm unquestionably at fault, however, it is unlikely that this person needed 9k to take care of damages outside of what their insurance covered. It isn't uncommon for people to seek a higher amount than what is fairly owed. That is why I'm fighting it in court. I'm sure I'm going to pay. But I'm willing to bet it won't be 9k.

11. Jesseacronym

If you read the rest of the thread, you will realize I was insured. My insurance company is attempting to use a loophole to get out paying for damages. I am in the process of appealing their decision and will fight them on their decision.

12. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You are 100% correct.

Guilt isn't determined by the issuance of traffic citation.

Guilty or Not Guilty is determined after a judge or jury has deliberated, rendering a verdict.

Even if a person has been cited for a traffic violation, he or she is innocent in the eyes of the law.

Such innocence is proclaimed and protected via our constitutions (federal and state).