injury questions to ask my attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

awing

I have never been involved in anything like this before. I have an appointment with a lawyer in the morning and was hoping someone could help me with the proper questions to ask. Last week I had a fall on an Airport Tarmack that resulted in two fractures in my right (dominant) hand and one rib fracture. The airport police took six photos of the large cracks in the walkway on the tarmack and provided first aid.

I am now in a cast for 6 weeks and there are substantial personal and professional reprecussions. I initially just wanted them to pay my medical bills, but I got a run around from the administration at the airport and so I am seeing an attorney.

Now my questions:

What should I expect a contingency percentage to be?

What sort of items and factors are considered in a settlement?

How long does it take?

I am putting alot of the bills on credit, can I ask for interest to be paid for?

I am a competitive (non-professional) bowler, but for the first time in 5 years I am eligible for the Alaska all-star team. Due to these fractures I will be out at least 4 weeks of the season and it may effect my bowling for the whole year. Is that a factor?

I have a 10 day fishing vacation in 13 days. There are going to be many things that I am unable to do on this vacation that I have been planning for a year. Is this a factor?

I thank you for any help you can give me.

AWing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back