Medical Malpractice Injury from Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to your question though is that it depends upon what caused the pulmonary edema. If it was the mistake or incompetence of the doctors involved then I'm sure you can. If you want to see contact an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice. They have Doctors on call to review cases for malpractice. They can tell you if you have a case.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't say what State you are in, keep in mind, some States, such as California have a 1 year statute of limitations on medical malpractice cases.

You didn't say what State you are in, keep in mind, some States, such as California have a 1 year statute of limitations on medical malpractice cases.

In CA it can actually be up to three years - and when a minor child is involved the rules change again ;)

(Depending on the facts it can vary greatly when minors are concerned)

my son went in for hip surgey and ended up in intensive care pulmonary edema can i sue for that

Were you made aware of the risks of surgery? The fact that he developed fluid in the lungs does not mean that the surgeons did something wrong. Did your son recover?

Well, I wasn't exactly trying to get technical but, in CA the SOL is tricky with Med Mal cases, I was giving a general idea. But, I can get technical.

Medical malpractice actions must be commenced within 3 years from the date of the injury, or one year from the date the plaintiff discovers or reasonably should have discovered the injury, whichever occurs first. Time limitations also apply to minors 6 of age and older. In the case of a minor under 6, the action must be filed within three years of the date of the injury or before the minor's 8th birthday, whichever time period is greater. And there's a whole other foreign object issue that doesn't apply here so I won't get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back