Incorrect mail

pyraxic

Jurisdiction
Washington
I hired a law firm to represent my auto-accident case. Overall they are doing fine but during the weekend, I received couple of mails (with someone else's names on them) to my address. I contacted the attorney's office to find out why this happened and they apologized and said that it was a mistake. I told them that it's possible that my mails were sent to someone else if I have someone else's name on them. They assured that my mails weren't sent to anyone else. How can I trust them? According to them, it was a mistake made by a trainee. What can I do from here on?

Stuff gets mailed to the wrong address all the time. It isn't clear what kind of recourse you expect for this simple human error or why it caused a loss of trust, but you can always look for a new lawyer. Read the contract you signed with the one you have.

As they noted, your mail most likely didn't get sent to someone else. If it did, those things happen. The person getting it would probably just give it back to the mailman on next delivery. (unopened)

Back