1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Incorrect date on First Request for Production of Documents

Discussion in 'Alimony & Spousal Support' started by packrat56, Oct 31, 2016.

  1. packrat56

    packrat56 Law Topic Starter Guest

    I was sent, through my attorney, a first request for production of documents in a case where I am trying to have my alimony payments reduced after 7 years of 50% of my salary being given to my ex wife.

    The ex wife's attorney asked for documents be delivered to him a full year ago, he wrote the wrong year on the legal document.

    Am I within my rights to NOT provide documents, as it is impossible to provide them by a date that has passed a year ago?
  2. adjusterjack

    adjusterjack Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Sorry, a clerical error like that is easily corrected by the judge and you will be compelled to provide the documents.

    Might as well go ahead and provide them.

    After all, YOU are the one who wants the alimony reduced, YOU are the one who has to prove why.

    Play around with the error and the judge might get ticked off enough to dismiss your case and leave the alimony as is.

Share This Page