Income tax return correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garylovesmissy

I am sending in a 1040x to correct the amount of tax I owed, I had filed incorrectly as self employed when I was an employee. I completed the paperwork and am due over $3,700. Is there any reason the IRS would not approve my correction?

There is no way we can say for sure what the IRS will do & we don't have all the information they will have.

I am sending in a 1040x to correct the amount of tax I owed, I had filed incorrectly as self employed when I was an employee. I completed the paperwork and am due over $3,700. Is there any reason the IRS would not approve my correction?

There are many reasons the IRS could reject your corrections.
The good news is the IRS just announced it, too, was anticipating monetary issues.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/19/irs-chief-warns-refund-delays-over-budget-cuts/

AJ, perhaps if they stopped giving billions in incorrect refunds to ITIN filers they would have more money. They will likely compare your 1040x with that of your employer to make sure the employer filed a correction also. Once they have reconciled the issue to their satisfaction, a refund will be issued assuming the 1040x is not for a year beyond which a refund could be obtained.

AJ, perhaps if they stopped giving billions in incorrect refunds to ITIN filers they would have more money.

So true, D. The IRS is also saying that returns will no longer be in your hands within 10-14 days.
Speculation is that many returns could take two, three months, in some cases six months to get back to you.
That will also hurt the online tax sits, TurboTax is one, there are others.
People are saying why file electronically, pay extra fees, when pencil and paper and a 44 cent stamp will get your return to you just as slow. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back