Other Immigration Law Impact of Civil Domestic Violence Protection Order on Non-immigrant work Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaic

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hi,
What are the consequences if a Domestic Violence Protection Order is issued against a Non-Immigrant H1B visa holder?

Will it jeopardize the H1B renewal and/or getting a Visa stamped?

What are the consequences if a Domestic Violence Protection Order is issued against a Non-Immigrant H1B visa holder?

If the spouse of the H1B visa holder is also an immigrant, that spouse might benefit from VAWA.

If the spouse of the H1B visa holder is also an immigrant, that spouse might benefit from VAWA.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, spouse is non-immigrant; and that appears to be the premise of this filing. I hope the petition gets denied (based on the facts/evidence).

My apologies if my question didn't put my ask clear - Will there be any consequences to me specifically?

My apologies if my question didn't put my ask clear - Will there be any consequences to me specifically?

There was no ambiguity in the intent of your initial question. But given your other thread, I felt the need to note that there are other consequences to worry about.

No one on the internet can determine all the nuances of your specific case and how that might affect your visa status. The legally correct answers are thus: "It depends..." and "You should consult your lawyer about that."

Observation: there is a difference between a civil court order versus a criminal court order.

There was no ambiguity in the intent of your initial question. But given your other thread, I felt the need to note that there are other consequences to worry about.

No one on the internet can determine all the nuances of your specific case and how that might affect your visa status. The legally correct answers are thus: "It depends..." and "You should consult your lawyer about that."

Observation: there is a difference between a civil court order versus a criminal court order.

Thank you for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back