Naturalization, Citizenship Immigration To Usa

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARJIT1950

I HAVE BEEN ADVISED TO CONSULT YOU IN THE MATTER OF IMMIGRATION TO USA.
I AM GIVING YOU DETAILS OF MY SON SIMRANJIT D.O.B. DEC,1981 ,THESE ARE AS FOLLOWING:

MY FATHER-IN-LAW A US CITIZEN APPLIED FOR IMMIGRATION OF HIS MARRIED SONS & DAUGHTERS IN THE YEAR 1977.
IN THE YEAR 2005 HIS DAUGHTER'S SON SIMRANJIT TOOK ADMISSION FOR MASTERS DEGREE IN A US UNIVERSITY AND INDEPENDENTLY APPLIED FOR STUDENT VISA WITH US EMBASSY IN DELHI.
THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER DID NOT GRANT HIM A STUDENT VISA ON THE PRETEXT THAT AN APPLICATION OF IMMIGRATION VISA IS ALREADY FILED BY HIS MATERNAL GRAND FATHER.
HE ASKED FOR A PROOF OF HIS RETURNING BACK TO INDIA.DUE TO LACK OF TIME IT COULD BE FOLLOWED UP.
MY SON WAS IN THE MEAN TIME OFFERED STUDENTSHIP FOR MASTER'S IN COMPUTER SCIENCE BY A UK UNIVERSITY AND HE GOT UK STUDENT VISA.AND HAS NOW COMPLETED HIS MASTERS DEGREE THERE.
IN THE YEAR AUG, 2007 US AUTHORITIES INFORMED THAT VISA FOR THE
FAMILY(WIFE,SELF, DAUGHTER UNDER 21) IS NOW AVAILABLE AND ASKED TO COMPLETE THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION BUT THE NAME OF MY SON SIMRANJIT WAS EXCLUDED. ON INQUIRY IT WAS INFORMED THAT HE IS ABOVE 21 YEARS OF AGE AND ASKED TO
TAKE UP THE MATTER AT THE TIME OF IMMIGRATION INTERVIEW BEFORE THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER WHETHER YOUR SON IS COVERED UNDER CHILD PROTECTION LAW?
AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW IN JAN,2009,THIS WAS BROUGHT TO THE NOTICE OF IMMIGRATION OFFICER BUT HE INFORMED THAT UNDER THE CHILD PROTECTION LAW A GRACE PERIOD OF 2 YEARS IS AVAILABLE AND SINCE YOUR SON IS NOW ABOVE 23 YEARS I CANOT ALLOW HIM.
NOW THAT WE ARE PERMANENT RESIDENT OF MICHIGAN,I HAVE APPLIED FOR
IMMIGRATION OF MY UNMARRIED SON AND HAVE FILLED I-130 IN JULY,2009.
UNDER THE PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES IT MAY TAKE ANOTHER 7 TO 8 YEARS FOR
HIS IMMIGRATION.
MY QUESTION IS WHETHER ANY REMEDY IS AVAILABLE UNDER THE US IMMIGRATION LAW FOR MY SONS EARLY IMMIGRATION TO USA.IF POSSIBLE,I NEED YOUR HELP IN THE MATTER.(ii)CAN EARLIER PERIOD OF WAITING BE CONSIDERED FOR IMMEDIATE IMMIGRATION UNDER I-130 APPLICATION?
THANKS,
H.S.SACHDEVA.

Mr. Sachdeva -

Your post is very detailed, which is good. While I am familiar with some immigration law, my understanding is that many of these cases are quite detailed and exceptions are usually fact specific. Your unmarried son may qualify via some other detail and an immigration attorney may be able to help. You can use the case review or perhaps obtain a consultation elsewhere.

canadian citizen moving to u.s. to marry and live

Sorry accidentally posted twice.

Last edited:
canadian citizen moving to u.s. to marry and live

Hello, i have been trying for months to get any information i can on what steps i need to take to moving to the U.S. from canada to marry and reside. I have read so many different post i am even more confused. I have read that paper work must be filled out and a interview comes some where along the way which i have no clue as to what that is. I also have read that a greencard must be applied for aswell. Is a green card needed if you do not plan to work? If once there for a few months and that changes, do i have to apply for a greencard in that state? I have read that the best thing to do is hire an immigration lawyer which would take care of everything but unfortunately i cannot afford that. I met a gentleman that lives in the U.S. and we have planned to marry and he would like me to move there along with my belongings which i thought i could do that myself to save costs. I understand that once there you need to marry within 90 days and during that time certain forms must be filled out and again i have no clue what type of forms? I do have a passport but know nothing of needing a visa. If we were to marry there would i be sent back to canada while certain papers are filed? Every post i have read seems to say that it can take months for this to be done. We were hoping that we could do this in approx 3 to 6 months time. I have tried calling the us consulate but they couldn't help me with any answers. What information i do receive all seems to be negative. We are in our mid 50's and would like to start our lives together as soon as possible. It all seems hopeless and i have been considering calling off the engagement because between the time it may take and all that has to be done is just going to take to long and to expensive. Any info would great be appreciated.

You can't just come to the USA via marriage anymore than I could emigrate to Canada by marrying a Canadian.

Hire an immigration attorney.

Or, as you said in frustration, stay in Canada.

The guy is probably a crook anyway and will rob you blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back