Criminal Law Immigration Court process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlhulk

Approx. two months ago a friend from Ukraine was arrested and charged with identity theft for using someone else's passport to enter the US some 8 years ago. She was brought here to basically work as a slave laborer for a man who took her wages each pay day. She escaped this man and has made a life in the US.
She was charged with felony identity theft and got a plea agreement for 2 years probation.
Her friends have already spent $1000 on an Immigration Attorney who did nothing to help.

My Question..
She is about to be transported to the Immigration Court in Memphis and I don't know what to expect. Will she be deported immediately? Is bond possible? If so, do I need to hire an Immigration Attorney now or will she be automatically given a bond (without the help of an attorney) allowing us some time to get her out and arrange for representation before her trial?

Thank you for your help!!

Approx. two months ago a friend from Ukraine was arrested and charged with identity theft for using someone else's passport to enter the US some 8 years ago. She was brought here to basically work as a slave laborer for a man who took her wages each pay day. She escaped this man and has made a life in the US.
She was charged with felony identity theft and got a plea agreement for 2 years probation.
Her friends have already spent $1000 on an Immigration Attorney who did nothing to help.

My Question..
She is about to be transported to the Immigration Court in Memphis and I don't know what to expect. Will she be deported immediately? Is bond possible? If so, do I need to hire an Immigration Attorney now or will she be automatically given a bond (without the help of an attorney) allowing us some time to get her out and arrange for representation before her trial?

Thank you for your help!!

Get an immigration lawyer ASAP...............It is really important, I would rather you do that due to the gravity.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back