I'm getting a insure claim letter?

T

Tony989

Jurisdiction
California
I Currently Don't have insurance because I recently purchased a
car from the auction.I'm just finding out my brother sneaked mymy car withough asking 2 weeks ago because this letter mailed to me for a insured claim I'm just finding out he didn't tell me or anything till right now. I beat the shit out of him. Anyway he confessed and told me that it was 100% not his fault and he had 2 witnesses with him. Should I get a lawyer? He also said he just left the scene. I'm so angry at him!!! . what insurance plan should I get .? Honestly any help will be appreciated.

Where was the car when your brother stole it and how did you get it there from the auction with no registration or insurance?

You should be making a report with the police regarding your brother's unauthorized use of your car.

You also just confessed to a crime in an online forum. Maybe you should think about getting an attorney and shutting up.

I Currently Don't have insurance because I recently purchased a
car from the auction.I'm just finding out my brother sneaked mymy car withough asking 2 weeks ago because this letter mailed to me for a insured claim I'm just finding out he didn't tell me or anything till right now. I beat the shit out of him. Anyway he confessed and told me that it was 100% not his fault and he had 2 witnesses with him. Should I get a lawyer? He also said he just left the scene. I'm so angry at him!!! . what insurance plan should I get .? Honestly any help will be appreciated.

You have a big problem.

You can't begin to cure that problem until your brother contacts the police, confesses to his misdeeds, and whatever else might follow for him.

I suggest he not do that without consulting an attorney because he committed a "hit and run" by leaving the scene of the accident. Depending on the severity, and if anyone was hurt, he might be facing a felony.

You might speak to a lawyer yourself. Insurance won't help you for what your brother did. It will be required after the current issue gets resolved.

Good luck.

I would assume that if whatever happened did not leave significant and noticeable damage to your vehicle then the other vehicle likely doesn't have significant damage either. That isn't always true, but usually is. I wouldn't expect a felony to be in play based on what you've said here, but it's still serious and can bring many problems for you.
Did this occur on the road or on private property such as a parking lot? It makes a difference with any vehicle code violations.
I find it odd that after two weeks you have had no law enforcement contact about this. The other person could have been unlicensed or for some other reason did not report to police. I wouldn't run off confessing to police before knowing if a report was ever made to them.
As above, your brother needs to come clean about his involvement to get you off the hook, but you need more information to determine who to divulge this information to.
You could contact the agency making the claim against you and play dumb. Ask what the claim is regarding, date and time of incident, police report number, and tell them you will look in to it but admit nothing to them.
Does the letter you received demand any money or information?

what insurance plan should I get .?

Getting ins. now will not help you with any accident that has already happened. You will need ins. for the future though - discuss with a car ins. agent.

Back