I'm being kicked out of my parents' house

Status
Not open for further replies.

halo08tds

Hello. I am 17 years old and am living in Texas with my mother and my step-father. I graduated from high school this year and will be attending college this fall semester. My mother continually threatens to kick me out of the house. My step-father more-or-less legally owns the house in its entirety. Under what circumstances can she legally kick me out of the house? I hope the above information is enough for an answer... Thank you in advance.

Hello. I am 17 years old and am living in Texas with my mother and my step-father. I graduated from high school this year and will be attending college this fall semester. My mother continually threatens to kick me out of the house. My step-father more-or-less legally owns the house in its entirety. Under what circumstances can she legally kick me out of the house? I hope the above information is enough for an answer... Thank you in advance.

Your mother is legally obligated to provide the necessities of life until you reach your majority at 18. Then she can evict you.

Where is your father? Is he involved at all? Your mom legally cannot kick you out but if things are very tense in the house, you might want to see if there is a relative near by you can stay with. What is the whole story here? What is the reason she wants to kick you out? The teens I know that get kicked out are on drugs, criminal activity, drinking, etc..

I see my father once every couple of months. I love the man, but my life is here in my hometown and he lives hours away and isn't much of a fatherly figure. The issue is quite stupid actually. Since I graduated high school I rarely am able to see my friends as I more or less live in the surrounding countryside out of town. I would like to hang out with them. When I ask my mother for her permission she says, "no," without any rhyme or reason. I'm not engaging in any crimal activities with them or anything of the sort. Most of them are going off to college soon and I would like to spend time with them. When I press the issue and ask for a little trust, as I am to be a college student in august and am a responsible young adult, she tells me to go and that she doesn't care, but she then adds not to come back because she's kicking me out. The heart of the matter is clearly a trust issue, but I would like to know if there is any legal bite to her bark. Or is it an empty threat as long as I do not do anything illegal myself?

more information

I see my father once every couple of months. I love the man, but my life is here in my hometown and he lives hours away and isn't much of a fatherly figure. The issue is quite stupid actually. Since I graduated high school I rarely am able to see my friends as I more or less live in the surrounding countryside out of town. I would like to hang out with them. When I ask my mother for her permission she says, "no," without any rhyme or reason. I'm not engaging in any crimal activities with them or anything of the sort. Most of them are going off to college soon and I would like to spend time with them. When I press the issue and ask for a little trust, as I am to be a college student in august and am a responsible young adult, she tells me to go and that she doesn't care, but she then adds not to come back because she's kicking me out. The heart of the matter is clearly a trust issue, but I would like to know if there is any legal bite to her bark. Or is it an empty threat as long as I do not do anything illegal myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back