im 18 can i legally transfer schools without parents permission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

julieanna1826

Hi, my name is Julieanna and I'm 18. I'm wanting to transfer to CO. I'm engaged and I'm wanting to leave but my parents refuse to let me go and they said they said I can't leave with out there permission. So can I transfer without their consent?

Hi, my name is Julieanna and I'm 18. I'm wanting to transfer to CO. I'm engaged and I'm wanting to leave but my parents refuse to let me go and they said they said I can't leave with out there permission. So can I transfer without their consent?

You are an adult.
You have been an adult the day you turned 18 years old.
Sure, you're free to go anywhere you want to, with whoever you want to go there with.
But, what if things turn bad with you and Mr. Right Now?
What if Mr. Right Now decides he wants Miss Pretty Antelope when you get to Colorado?
Will mom and dad allow you to return?
No need to answer me, those are some things for you to think about, now that you're an adult.
Just remember because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you MUST do something.
Good luck....

Legally you can do so. However as AJ states there are risks. Do you really want to start burning bridges at 18?

Some school districts require an 18 year old student prove self support in addition to residency in the district. Plan on possibly being required to work 30 hours a week also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back