Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI illegal sentencing issues for dui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razzer

hello all.my fianc'ee had a 3rd owi with child in the car on june 7th 2010.it was charged under what i believe are misdemeanors(statutes 346.63/1-a and 346.65/2);but also invoked provisions of 346.65 /2-f because of minor child in the car.she had a no contest plea and was convicted and sentenced and got 9 month's in county jail and 2 years probation.started serving time.so the department of corrections sent a letter back to the court last week saying that probation is not eligible for these charges and in effect she was illegally sentenced.now they made another court date for a resentencing hearing and the prosecuting attorney is wanting to go for a year in prison and 1 year parole this time (last time DA went for 12 months county jail and 2 years probation).i am wondering if there is any options for us or if we might need a private attorney,i mean can they just do this.my fianc'ee is very scared now.according to her (supposed probation officer),they say as far as they understand it,she was not charged under a felony.on wisconsin court records it says two midemeanor U;s and a charge modifier because of child in the car but does'nt directly mention any felonies.is the way they are charging this a felony?is probation available for this if it is a felony ?or not available if it is not?any help?thanks

Last edited:
hello all.my fianc'ee had a 3rd owi with child in the car on june 7th 2010.it was charged under what i believe are misdemeanors(statutes 346.63/1-a and 346.65/2);but also invoked provisions of 346.65 /2-f because of minor child in the car.she had a no contest plea and was convicted and sentenced and got 9 month's in county jail and 2 years probation.started serving time.so the department of corrections sent a letter back to the court last week saying that probation is not eligible for these charges and in effect she was illegally sentenced.now they made another court date for a resentencing hearing and the prosecuting attorney is wanting to go for a year in prison and 1 year parole this time (last time DA went for 12 months county jail and 2 years probation).i am wondering if there is any options for us or if we might need a private attorney,i mean can they just do this.my fianc'ee is very scared now.according to her (supposed probation officer),they say as far as they understand it,she was not charged under a felony.on wisconsin court records it says two midemeanor U;s and a charge modifier because of child in the car but does'nt directly mention any felonies.is the way they are charging this a felony?is probation available for this if it is a felony ?or not available if it is not?any help?thanks

You should discuss this with a couple of local attorneys. She may have been charged and sentenced inappropriately, perhaps illegally.

What does her current attorney advise? Did she hire one, or did the court even appoint one for her?

Did she fight the charge, or just plead guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back