Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Illegal search? Or Screwed pooch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumuncletom

Setting: 1 br. apartment+1 adult on couch in living rm.(my girlfriend)+1 in br. asleep on bed(me) + 1 9yr.old grandaughter watching t.v. in living rm.

Info we find out Later: A friend who had left @ about 3am. was involved in a high-speed chase - was arrested and tried to save his ass from going back to Prison via riding with the cops (across town) to our apt. & telling them he obtained the meth he was found with @ our place where we supposedly sold a half pound a day!

2 undercover (very plain-clothed & unshaved) officers knock on the door. Half-asleep my girlfriend who was expecting friends soon, yelled "come in" as 9yr. old is getting to the door to open it. They entered the living room and said stuff like "hey whats going on?" Hows it going?" is john around?&"your jane right?"
Assuming they were neighbors or friends of mine, she was answering while slowely registering the fact that she didnt know them "not much, hes here but still asleep"
They said "is it cool if we talk to him real quik? Just as she agreed(still assuming they must be friends of mine) it occured to her that she had no clue who they were.

Officer #1 asked the 9yr. old to show him the br. where i was asleep and confirmed with her that noone else was there. my girlfriend now realized they had to be cops and began to question them if they WERE cops and told them they WERE NOT welcome to go in the bedroom and asked them to go back outside where she would talk to them.

officer #1 entered the room and started saying my name while nudging me to wake me up. Off.#2 was now diverting the attention of my girlfriend with questions which only made her start to panic as she began to realize what was happening. I was told to get up and asked to if I would mind talking with them in the living room. I was being observed by officer #1 who was trying to stay in the hallway but had already come a couple steps in the room to nudge me repeatedly until i was up.

I went willingly into the livingroom and sat down next to my girlfriend. It was only 1 or 2 questions later when more cops were now at the door, letting themselves in - just as cop#1 suddenly informes us that he was going to handcuff me because he had just observed the meth pipe on the end table of the bed - opposite side of bed where i was sleeping.

They held us for 6-8 hours while the got a search warrant on a sunday. The 1 and only reason for obtaining the warrant was the pipe seen on the far end of the room they were not given permission to enter. after a couple hours it was obvious they were going to stick it out and no matter how long it took they were going to get the warrant. That is when she told them where the bag was and promised to help them by calling her dealer and setting up a buy where they busted her guy and promised they would not pursue charges against her because she gave up the meth and her source before the warrant was obtained. She wasn't searched,handcuffed,arrested and not even 1 ticket was given! They finally got the warrant, collected evidence, gave us a copy of the list of paraphenelia they found and left. They said they were not going to charge us because we cooperated with them and that was that.

She recieved a notice over a month later informing her that a warrant had been issued for her arrest-and that she was facing possession w/intent. The public pretender they appointed her has no time or desire to help her at all. They offered to drop it to misdomener poss. right off the bat , but she is going to fight it .

She goes to court wed. where the prosecution (now upset she didnt take the deal) is to show enough evidence to take it to trial.

Thanks to anyone willing to read all this !
Please know that we are not bad people just users
SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH LOSING HER GRANDAUGHTER IF SHE LOSES THIS CASE!!
SHEREALLY IS A GREAT GRANDMOTHER BELIEVE IT OR NOT!
IM DOING THIS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! I JUST CANT SEE THIS HAPPEN TO HER!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Legally, you're screwed. It is in your collective best interests to make a deal.

If you don't, she will get a felony conviction and lose her grandchild.
If you're users, you also need "rehab".

Get help! Make/take the deal, or she's going down. Those are narcs. Some folks call them jackbooted thugs. Nonetheless, you better play nice. Unless you have lots of money for your own lawyer, you better respect and appreciate the services of your public defender.

No one got any of you into this, but yourselves and associations. It's time to drain the swamp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that if you got decent legal counsel you could fight this off. I'm not comfortable with the circumstances as you describe them. Those officers should never have been in that bedroom and relied on a 9 year old to give access. I would expect that anything found in your home would be bad evidence.... that is, assuming that things went down as you describe. Since you were sleeping in the bedroom you really don't know for sure what was said, you only know what you were told.

You both need help. I'm sorry, but you have a pipe out in the open and meth in the apartment, but "she really is a great grandmother"!!!! :no: her granddaughter does not need to be in a home where meth is used. I'd also wager that you aren't exactly meth free yourself, but that's opinion.

Pardon me for being so harsh, but you two need to face reality - you have a child in a home where meth is used and she got busted doing (or in this case possessing) something illegal but she just can't do the time, etc, etc, etc. And not only that, someone knocks at the door and she just tells them to come in with no idea who it is, and even let's them in further assuming they must be neighbors.

I hate to see a family broken up, and the fact that she's got her granddaughter tells me that already happened to the child once. But that child doesn't belong in that home under her care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back