Illegal acts by BOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

epersona

We received a notice from the HOA that our palms needed to be trimmed. We responded that they were being removed. Two days after we removed them, we received a letter from the HOA law firm threatening sanction.s Despite the fact that the letter said we had another month to comply, and the trees were already gone, the President of the BOD had the Mgmt Co. stopped our transponders limiting our access to our home! Then they said we had to pay the atty fees. They refuse to respond to any communication except for one Board member who says she believes we are right!.

My reading of FL statutes (720) says that they cannot impose a fine without a meeting of Board and giving us the right to a hearing. The law also says they cannot limit access to property and cannot impose a fine over $100 (atty fees are over $200). As I said, they refuse to respond. Am I reading the statutes correctly? I have filed a complaint against the Management Company, but how can I pursue the BOD?

The only way to beat these creeps is by going to court.

And, even then, that might not help.

What you have learned the hard way, is that HOA Boards can do anything they want regardless of the law.
HOA lawyers and Prop Managers are perhaps the most preditory businesses out there.
They encourage gullible board members to produce conflict exactly how you describe.
Conflict equals fees, and the attorneys really don't care if they win or lose....they always win.
Contact Jan Bergman of CyberCitizens for Justice..ccfj.net.....contact your local paper....Boards like yours always back off when their despicable conduct is brought to light.
Kinda like cockroaches....treat them the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back