Starting a Business If I want to build an app, do I need to have a business name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gen26

Hi there
I have an idea for an app, and apart from Trademarking the logo/name and Patenting the idea (something I am considering, at least provisional patenting) do I need to register a business name to operate legally? I live in NY however the people who I am working with live in the UK, and I am Australian.

Thank you

Hi there
I have an idea for an app, and apart from Trademarking the logo/name and Patenting the idea (something I am considering, at least provisional patenting) do I need to register a business name to operate legally? I live in NY however the people who I am working with live in the UK, and I am Australian.

Thank you

Your life could become extremely complicated by working with partners across an ocean.

Before you (and your pals) proceed further, you might wish to determine a business structure.

To do that, I suggest you discuss this with a lawyer in the UK, the US, or Australia.

Then decide where you wish to HQ your operation.

I'd hold off doing anything further until you get the basics ironed out.

I completely agree with army judge that

Before you (and your pals) proceed further, you might wish to determine a business structure.

Then decide where you wish to HQ your operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back