If I quit my current job, can I still file a claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

virgorules

I have been at my current job for allmost four years. When I was hired, I was told that I should have insurance within 3 months. I still have no benefits! I am a machinest and have aquired carpal tunal in both my wrist. I have severe pain in my left hand to the point it wakes me up at night. I went to my Dr. and he told me that he was allmost sure that I had CT but needed to run some test! I can't afford the test! I am fixing to find another job that offers benefits. If I quit my current job, can I still file a claim against this employer and if so how long do I have to file ?

If I quit my current job, can I still file a claim against this employer Yes but I'd advise you to notify your current employer you have been diagnosed with work related carpal tunnel immediately. There is no sense in waiting and the longer you do following the visit to the doctor, the more suspect your claim appears, especially if you wait until after you quit.

and if so how long do I have to file ? That depends entirely on your State's particular WC regulations.

You might also have a valid complaint to make with the DOL regarding the fact that you've never been offered group health insurance benefits and no participation in the employer's retirement plan (if they have one.) If you meet the definition of an eligible participant in either or both Plans and they failed to include you, that's a violation of federal law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back