K Visa If couple lives in two different states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

castro76

What is the name of your state? CA
Hi, I am USC and i am married to my wife who last year got her conditional green card, but now I am doing my internship and probably will have to work in east coast, but my wife is going to school in SF, will that be a problem when time comes to remove condition that we live in two different states?
what do we need to do to prevent problems?
thanks a lot

You need evidence that you in fact intended to be married and live as husband and wife. Usually that means that people live together, but you seem to have a reasonable explanation why you don't. You would then need good other evidence that you intend to be a "couple", like a shared bank account, property in both of your names, shared decision making, shared vacations etc etc.

NYClex said:
You need evidence that you in fact intended to be married and live as husband and wife. Usually that means that people live together, but you seem to have a reasonable explanation why you don't. You would then need good other evidence that you intend to be a "couple", like a shared bank account, property in both of your names, shared decision making, shared vacations etc etc.
thanks a lot,
how about when sending AR-11 to report change of address, how do we maintain same address? cause I know as a UCS spouse i need to file I-865, so we gonna have send two different addresses for each of us? She files AR-11 with her CA address and me file I-865 with my FL address?
thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back