Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Identity Theft, Fraud, Forgery???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dihw818

My husbands co-worker has forged his name on a rental lease where the landlord is now suing him and the co-worker for past due rent($10,000) My husband appeared in court and proved he never lived at the address on the lease, and the judge ordered to have his name removed from the docket, and the landlord won his case to have the co-worker evicted.

Now the co-worker has a new order to show cause, I guess to prevent the eviction; another issue, the co-worker has utilities in my husbands name as well that are over due, and he already won a case against the co-worker in small claims court for a loan.

My husband wants to press criminal charges against the co-worker for forgery and fraud, but the landlord will not provide a copy of the original lease. The utility company has removed his name from the bill, and said he is not liable for the charges. How can my husband sue for forgery, fraud, and identity theft if the landlord will not produce a lease?

The landlord needs to be compelled to show the lease. Talk to a prosecutor. It really isn't your job to do their work. . .

Thank you for replying! What about pressing criminal charges for theft of utility services under my husbands name? I also told my husband to check his credit report for things that dont look quite right, and have those things investigated too. Can the utility company press criminal charges against the co-worker for theft of services under an assumed name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back