ICE Bond Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

nybian

2 years ago my friend was arrested by ICE. We all got our monies together $7,000 for the bail bond. We got our friend to put the bail bond under his name. 2 years passed a few months ago the Bond was cancelled and we know the money was sent to him. The bond is under his name. Can we sue him to get the bond money we put up. Or is it a lost case because the bond was under his name. Nothing was ever signed about the who put up what towards the bond.

If you have NOTHNG in writing, a promissory note, a contract, etc... You'll have a very hard time proving he owes you anything.

You can sue him for the money in small claims, but why bother?

If I were you, I'd avoid the deadbeat, abandon him, and wait patiently for him to screw up, AGAIN.

When that happens, I'd simply do NOTHNG, except what he's done to you, IGNORE him!!!

Agree, don't believe there is anything you can do or worth doing at this time based on what you posted.

Yeap. This is a learning experience for you.

Never expect repayment after you've contributed to a family member or a friend's misfortune.

Loan it if you are sure you can afford to lose it.

Yeap. This is a learning experience for you.

Never expect repayment after you've contributed to a family member or a friend's misfortune.

Loan it if you are sure you can afford to lose it.

Great advice, I would move to amend it to read: GIFT IT, IF YOU WANT TO, BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER SEE SO MUCH AS ONE DOLLAR OF IT IN REPAYMENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back