i was fired because of favoritism

Status
Not open for further replies.

eah817

Just yesterday i was working my shift at a pizza/sub shop. Around 8:30pm i was involved in a verbal altercation with a female i work with of Greek descent. I had put my foot against the wall to gain a little momentum to move and the woman i worked with came out yelling about dirt on the wall. I agnollaged her and went back into my station to check on my orders and she was still being quite loud (mind you, there was a customer standing at the counter through this no more than 5 feet away) I took the food i was cooking out of the oven and moved about 5 feet further back to perpare it for the customer who would be picking it up and the woman followed me over and was still being very loud. At this point i leaned into her and said quietly enough so that only myself and her could hear, F*** you. The woman then became outraged and began yelling the profanity back at me (still with a customer standing at the counter) My employer and owner of the pizza/sub shop (who was standing right next to us throughout this altercation) then told me to "get outta here, and dont bother comming back". I then left work and went home.

My question here is about favoritism in the workplace. I believe i was fired because the woman who was involoved in the altercation is of Greek descent. (as previously stated) I say this because the owner is also of greek descent with a heavy accent (the woman also has a heavy accent and speaks rough english)

I would have fired you, too. There is absolutely NO excuse for saying what you said to your co-worker. I don't care if she's green.

there is plent of reason. This was not the first time she had flipped her lid at me. It has happened numorous times and every time i bit my toung and swallowed my pride, but i just couldnt do it anymore. I said it so quietly that i could barley hear myself say it. The issue here is that there was no disciplinary action taken against the woman and my job was terminated which quite frankly is a big load of crap. So its not about what was said, more how it was said and handled by both parties involved in the altercation. I was cool calm and collected and did not once raise my voice. She was loud, belligerant and rude screaming profanities infront of customers which is extremely bad for buisiness

There is probably some history here that would help make sense of things... but to answer your question about favoritism, no, even if it is true, there is nothing for you to do. You should have kept your mouth shut and made a complaint to the employer in an appropriate manner.

Nothing illegal here. I would have fired you as well. How dare you behave like that.

If i was your boss i wouldnt have fired you. i would have fired her for yelling and cussing in front of customers. yeah u could have something else besides that. but customers come first. they saw her being a child and you ignoring her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back