i want to sign my rights over what can i do ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

san251

im 18 years old i had a child with a lady, that was never the plan i am not ready to have a child i wanted her to have an abortion but she didnt want to . Ive never met the child i dont reaaly want to either the child is now 1year an 5 months old , his mother only wants money and she filed the child support on april i went to take a dna test and the results came out that i was 99.9% the father of the kid , but my brother and father also has sexual intercourse with this 20 year old girl around the time i did ..... how do i kno for sure if the child is mine?????? honestly i dont want to be part of this childs life it is mine and i want to give up my rights , what process do i have to go through in order to do this ?????

please reply as soon as possible i nned helpppp

Sorry it is not possible to just sign away your rights. You need to live up to your own actions and obligations. If you are not ready to have children then I would recommend keeping it in your pants. May be harsh, but that is the way of life.

You cannot sign away rights just because you do not want the baby. In the future, do not have unprotected sex with anyone, a pregnancy can happen.

Your brother and father also had sex with this woman? That is messed up. Was she a hooker? The DNA test is accurate even if multiple family members had sex. If you don't believe it then you would have to force your dad and brother to also give samples but you cannot force anything, the woman has to do it and she believes you are the father and tesst show that.

Time to be a man and step up to your responsibility. You do have rights to the child now that paternity has been established. If you choose to have visitation then you need to file it through the courts, and once you are awareded it the mother must comply. If I were you, if I was forced to pay support on the child, I would want to see the child and be in her life.

You do not have to see the child at all, but you must pay suport if she asked for it.

sorry but that is life. If we allowed all deadbeat dads to sign away their rights, nobody would have to pay child support.

thanz alot duranie :) well patrnity has not been established yet i have been waiting to get a court date for dat but i havent . i have another question if i pay child support which i am willing to do so can i ask for all the receipts of all the things thar are spendid on with my money ???? i would like to do this because the mother of my child has been a crack user and im preety sure she still is ! she has told my mother that she wants money to support her habbit which means this money would not go to the child at all am i suppose to tell the court that or not ??? i understand is my fault i am going to pay child support but another lawyer had told me that i can pay child support and also give up my parental rights , the child is in florida and im in the maryland i have not had any type of contact with the mother of my child for the past year only my mother has and i dont want to have anything to do with the mother! i think i should get my brother and father to also take paternity test
what should i do?????

i hardly doubt an attorney told you you need to terminate rights, especially of the mom is a crack user. You just cannot terminate rights at the drop of a hat.

Is your situation for real? Why would all of you sleep with her?

If you are ordered to pay child support then it does not matter what she does with the money. If she is a crack user, then you need to file for custody. Do you really want the child raised in a home like that? You need to grow up and be a man now. Get a job if you do not have one.

If you choose to do nothing and just pay your support, then nothing else is your concern. I would be highly concerned if I were you if this woman does use crack and is the mother of your child. A good attorney can help you.

Also how old were you when you slept with her? If you were under 18 then she could be charged criminally.

i was 16 when and she was 18 i slept with her and from what she has told my mother she used crack until she was 3 months pregnant with my child . like i said before paternity has not been established yet also am i forced to give the child my last name or is that optional??
the attorney that i talked to told me that if she doesnt have a lawyer pushing this case then the case could get dismissed is that true???

If she happens to be married then her husband might be able to adopt.

If she is abusing or neglecting this child call CPS.

You do not have to pay her anything until there is a court order for child support.

allright thanks so much!! and about what you said criminally charging her for sleeping with someone under age , what can i do???

You would need to find out what the consenting age is in the state where it happened. Your parents probably would have to do it because at the time you were underage. Some states 16 is the consenting age.

Good Luck

umm what do you mean by consenting age??? so i would have to get my parents to do this for me?? right now im on my own and my parents dont reaaly care what goes on with this case they are not on my side, what do i do?? im very confused:(

Consenting age

In Michigan, the consenting age is 17. My daughter had sex with a man (he was 19) when she was 15. I pressed charges against him for underage sex with minor. He went to prison for two years. It's called criminal sexual conduct with a minor. I don't know if you need your parents to do this. Each state is different.

Are you sure you really want to press charges? You may be asking for more problems than it is worth. I would wait until paternity is established. If you are the father, take responsibilty for your child. Be in their life. They would be better for it. Down the line you could possibly go for custody.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back