I want to get a refund on multiple pieces of furniture I purchased help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrea1509

Hello, I currently live in Mississippi. In July of 2010 I put a down payment on some furniture. On July 29th, 2010 I payed off the furniture in full and had it delivered the second week of August. When I got the furniture delivered I immediately wanted a refund. I bought a TV stand, kitchen table with 2 chairs, a dresser, mirror, and head board. The table and chairs came in first. The chairs were so wobbly you could not even sit on them. The guy preceded to "fix" them before they left. Great they were working but only for a day.. When the TV stand came in it was so rocky and wobbly we could not even set a TV on it with out being afraid it would fall! About 2 weeks ago the glass fell in on the TV stand there were 2 pieces. One being in the middle and one being on the bottom. The one in the middle fell and shattered and cracked the piece of glass on the bottom. Now the bedroom set the dresser works GREAT. But, the headboard is constantly rocking. We can not even sit on the bed without it swaying back and forth into the wall. We called the woman multiple times when receiving out furniture because on the first delivery we got no heard even though we paid for it. Later when we got it they did not bring the bolts to put it together.. Then finally about a week later they came back and put out head board together. It did NOT stop swaying and rocking into the wall. We called her again. About a week later she had someone come out and do a service call. They said it was "fine". That all the swaying was "normal". I've owned furniture before. That is NOT normal. Now we have been calling her for the past 3 weeks about the TV stand glass magically falling in when nothing is sitting on it, the headboard, as well as the kitchen chairs. She gave me the run around for the past 2 weeks saying i'll have someone out there and I will ask about your TV stand but I do not offer refunds. When we got this furniture we were under a 1 year manufacture warranty. The owner of the furniture store said when we make calls they would be there to fix it within a few days and would call within 24-72 hours. Now the manufacturers did NOT follow what the owner of the store stated. They also did NOT fix the problems the way they were supposed too. We have been trying to get a refund since the furniture came through our door. Now we are completely fed up and want to take this over the owners head since she is always dodging phone calls and never wants to help. We want a refund for ALL of the furniture she gave us. We have had the furniture fixed multiple times as you can see but its still a piece of crap. I could take my money and go by nicer furniture for the same price. But, the owner keeps saying she does NOT offer any type of refund policy. She will not take the furniture back and give a gift card, she will not take the furniture back and give a refund, she has failed to return multiple calls about the re-occurring issues we are having. So, my question is do I have a right to a refund? Can I take this to a lawyer and get my money back? I have the receipts for when it was purchased and the receipt clearly states we have a manufacture warranty. I do not want to sue her for any more or less. I only want a refund. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Addition information- When we received our table it was missing all of the tiles that came along with it. It took them 1-2 weeks for us to receive the tiles. Then when the guy brought the tiles some were broken. So, again we waited for another week to receive the tiles. I had also asked for a refund for this as well from the moment we got it and found out we would be waiting weeks to receive pieces so we could even use our table. The chairs are still rocky and are constantly having to be messed with.

Additional Information 2- I have phone records from both my boyfriend and my phone numbers showing where we called. I also, have the receipt where the furniture was bought. I have the bank statements showing the deposit and paid in full as well.

You can try.
If I were you, I'd arrange a metting with the owner or the highest ranking manager you can contact.
Meet them in person and explain your problem.
Taking pictures or videoes with you might also help prove your case.
Ask for a refund, but don't demand.
Courtesy, civility, and politeness won't make anyone angry.
Who knows, it just might work.
If doubt that lawsuit will be of any value, unless you get Judge Judy (or some other tv court show) to invite you on the program.

Thank you so much for your reply. But, I have already talked to the owner many many times. She keeps giving me the run around and saying she has to speak to the manufacture. Then when I repeatedly try to call her back she either doesn't answer or says shes still waiting on an answer. It was brought to her in a very polite manner and talked about on my end. But, again she had nothing to say and just gave me a "let me call you back". It is not something that I can deal with outside of court it seems like. She will not help me out and just blows me off. Its $1200 worth of furniture that doesn't work that I've been trying to get a refund on since I bought it. I didn't want it to go this far but she refuses to cooperate. So, if you could give me any information on how to approach this from here that would be great. I can also take pictures of all of the damage as proof. Thank you again for your reply.

Review your purchase information. Is there any kind of warranty? If so, have you followed the warranty instructions?

When it gets down to it, they do not have to give you a refund just because you demand it. Your option in that case is to get the assistance of the court to order them to pay or otherwise remedy the problem.

There is no where stated that she gives refunds at all. But, it does state that I do have the 1 year manufacture warranty which she is not following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back