I want my Fair Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

I went into serious business related debt, at the time of my mothers death.
I lived in her home, she left it to her four children I am one of them.
My brother and sister moved into the home,while doing this my brother retained an attorney to defend his property from the debtors who were on me like alligators on a dead chicken.The attorney was no help to me I wanted to file a Bankruptcy, the debt was mine but the cause was not.Without being able to retain an attorney and not being qualified for aid since I now lived in a home occuoied by three adults, I was left helpless and undefended.
I signed some papers, one of which were my property rights in lieu of an agreement etc.

I now want out of this situation, if I can get around the papers I signed,
and since I do not want to pressure them, if I can get an attorney to find the grounds for reviewing the situation here, is there a way that something like a reverse mortgage can be an advantage to all of us,

I have no credit now and no way to borrow money, I would like to have my fair share and out of here.

Surely your brother's lawyer explained to you that you were not his client and he did not act on your behalf.

It is very unclear from the above what happened, but you appear to wish to resile from agreements you entered into of your own free will. It sounds like you had your fair share and you already disposed of it (presumably in exchange for some other benefit). The question anyone will ask is, why should you be allowed to do go back on this? You were not helpless and undefended, you were an adult capable of making your own decisions.

A reverse mortgage might be an advantage to you (then again, it might not), but what advantage is it to your siblings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back