I think my son (deceased) might be the father of a child

Amanda M

Jurisdiction
Ohio
My son died over a year ago. At his funeral several people heard 2 girls talking about how its sad that he will never know hes a father. The child i think is my grandson was born 1 yr before my son died. The mother never said anything we believe because she was already with another man. There was never a dna test done on the baby but the boyfriend signed the birth certificate anyway. The mother is in a lot of trouble and doing drugs and if this is my grandson i dont want him around it. How would i go about getting dna testing to find out if indeed he is my grandson? How could i make her definitely do the testing if she is scared to lose her boyfriend?

If Boyfriend signed the AOP/DOP (which is what is signed to get Dad's name on a birth certificate), then he's Dad and there's nothing you can do.

My son died over a year ago. At his funeral several people heard 2 girls talking about how its sad that he will never know hes a father. The child i think is my grandson was born 1 yr before my son died. The mother never said anything we believe because she was already with another man. There was never a dna test done on the baby but the boyfriend signed the birth certificate anyway. The mother is in a lot of trouble and doing drugs and if this is my grandson i dont want him around it. How would i go about getting dna testing to find out if indeed he is my grandson? How could i make her definitely do the testing if she is scared to lose her boyfriend?

Condolences on the death of your son.

I agree with KatDini. Accept that there's nothing you can do and then DO NOTHING. If you even try to do anything I can guarantee you nothing but heartache. Not to mention the financial hassle when this druggie learns you are a soft touch. Been there.

Back