Medical Malpractice I think I may have a malpractice case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xytite

Hello everyone!

I think I may have a case but I'm not sure.

Back in October I passed out at work and was sent to the hospital. In the ER they discovered that I have atrial fibrillation (A-Fib). After 5 days in the hospital, and a combination of medicines, they got my heart rhythm back to normal and they sent me home.

I saw the Cardiac doctor on November 16 and I was still in A-Fib so they set-up an appointment with the heart cath doctor for December 1st. The heart cath doctor said that I needed a cardiac ablation because he "didn't want me to be on Coumadin the rest off my life". I was scheduled to have a heart ablation (cath) on January 19, 2011. I was not prescribed Coumadin through this whole period.

The heart cath was performed on the 19th. The doctor could not complete the procedure. He inserted the catheter into my heart but could not determine the position of my heart so he stopped. A heart MRI was then scheduled for February 9, 2011.

I had the MRI and they found that my heart was slightly turned. This was the reason the doctor could not complete the ablation. I had a meeting with the heart cath doctor's partner on January 16th I was told the procedure would have to be done in Pittsburgh.

I had a head MRI on February 18th for some unrelated memory problems and it was found that I had had a stroke in my cerebellum. I was hospitalized later that day. They started me on a Heprin IV immediately and started me on Coumadin on the 20th. My Coumadin level was regulated by the 23rd and I came home the 24th.

If any of the doctors had put me on Coumadin after the Heart Ablation was not completed I would not have had a stroke. I still have a blood clot in one of my heart chambers right now.

Do I had a case or not?
Sorry to be long winded but it kinda complicated.

Thank you,
Tim

I suggest you speak with a couple of local attorneys.
You can fully apprise them of your issues, and they can advise you accordingly.
The initial consultation is normally free.
If one agrees to take your case, it will be on a contingency basis. If you don't won, the lawyer doesn't get paid!

Army Judge,

Thank you for you reply and the information!

My wife and I are going to start looking around for a lawyer but we're not dead set on a suit yet. I still have to go through another heart ablation and another heart procedure (can't remember what it's called).

Another quick question: Since the original heart ablation was aborted, can fight the $200+ co-pay that I have?

Thanks again Army Judge! Also, thank you for your service.

Tim

You could ask the billing office if the $300 co-pay could be waived in your case. Explain the situation. Sometimes you get a person with a heart and a brain. I wish you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back