I signed probate court documents re a new trustee, want remove my signature and support.

ozz893

Jurisdiction
California
I was pressured by the "to be" new trustee (my sister of which is also a beneficiary) and manipulated with lies to sign. The document was "A Consent to Install the Trustee" among waivers of accounting and documents. Her lawyer stated those had nothing to do with transparency of the actual trust accounting or issuance of documents. He also told me the courts approved (per last month court date) the new trustee, though vague but still couldn't go forward until the "bond" issue was settled. The most recent document signed was on 'waiver of bonds', and had no accompanying documents so I requested, request ignored. The trust fund is made up a bunch of houses & other assets are unknown as are whose name the trust accounts are in. Since 2012 there has been zero transparency to any accounting.

Been signing 'signature required' documents (some with case numbers, the last without) with no information nor accompanying documents explaining the details. My sister's attorney is the same attorney for the previous Trustee whom completely mismanaged the trust or managed it as if she was it's dictator and owner she also refused all contact with the beneficiaries (being my brother, his children and myself) except my sister and her children. Also per the previous trustee's attorney (my sister's current attorney), she gave him full authorization to handle the trust fund as he saw fit in her name. This attorney also blocked all accounting and or ignored all requests for documents related to the trust; repeated requests usually resulted in a disciplinary action by the attorney (distributions being withheld).

I signed the documents during a difficult time, pressured by my sister, harassed by other family member's partners to sign and being harassed by the same to move out to the streets that day and each day until I did, all was moving too much, too fast. Even my landlord which had some association with my sister's lawyer was pushing me to sign. I was in the middle of a hornets nest.

I do not want my sister access to the Trusteeship, want to withdrawal all support to the least, block her if have too. I also found out she was keeping the status of being a beneficiary (found out about that part less than a couple weeks ago). Her being trustee and beneficiary with an attorney that will take whatever necessary measures to block any transparency will be disaster. She will rule as if she owns all of the estate and remaining a beneficiary, cannot be unanimously voted to be replaced. I want to retract my signatures and support and allow the Trusteeship to go to the courts or State. Allow them to find an honest, neutral non-biased Trustee that will finally manage the trust fairly in benefit of the beneficiaries as outlined as my mother intended it.

The summary question, "how do I block her from being Trustee and proceed doing this on my own as I cannot afford an attorney?". She's still going through the courts and the only information I'm getting now is misinformation or too vague, complacent lies or just being ignored.

"how do I block her from being Trustee and proceed doing this on my own as I cannot afford an attorney?".

You don't.

When you gave your signature you gave up any leverage you might have had.

With no money to hire your own attorney, you are powerless. Trust litigation is too complex without an attorney.

Sorry, but you will just have to sit back and wait until the administration of the trust is completed.

You don't.

When you gave your signature you gave up any leverage you might have had.

With no money to hire your own attorney, you are powerless. Trust litigation is too complex without an attorney.

Sorry, but you will just have to sit back and wait until the administration of the trust is completed.
Are there legal aides or actual (free or even very inexpensive) pro-bono attorneys out there for this? Google search shows legal aides or pro-bono but they're just normal priced attorneys. Also what about the Account Waiver, is there a way to get through that and see all the accounts, transactions, how the trust money was really used during the past decade? Could I, myself petition the court to order the accounting from the now deceased previous trustee?

Are there legal aides or actual (free or even very inexpensive) pro-bono attorneys out there for this?

Trusts and estates litigation is not something lawyers do for free or low cost because people with trusts and estates are supposed to have money. You can call 100 laywers and you are not likely to find that kind of help.

Also what about the Account Waiver, is there a way to get through that and see all the accounts, transactions, how the trust money was really used during the past decade?

From what you have already written it seems obvious that nobody is going to give you any information without a court order.

Could I, myself petition the court to order the accounting from the now deceased previous trustee?

Yes, if you can figure out how.

Back