Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft I saw an incident report filed after shoplifting and did not stop for LP.

RoyalBloo

I went back same day few hours later and left all the goods in question at the counter with a note of apology about my behavior.
They did not get my name and I left my car parked there and got Uber home and then the car later in the day.
The incident report showed in the crime map for that location with the date/stamp early next day and then was gone in the afternoon.
Could it be that they removed the police report after getting the goods and my apology? Is that a normal event?

Could it be that they removed the police report after getting the goods and my apology?

No internet stranger has enough knowledge fo the incident to respond intelligently.

Is that a normal event?

No, stealing is not a normal event, insofar as my life is concerned.

What you appear to be experiencing is what some call pangs of your conscience.

I suggest you stop worrying about anything which you can't control.

I further suggest you stay out of that store for at least TWO YEARS!

pangs-of-conscience = A feeling of shame, guilt, or embarrassment, resulting from behavior which one regrets.

Could it be that they removed the police report after getting the goods and my apology?

For starters, your post refers to both an "incident report" and a "police report." Are these supposed to be two different things? Also, how is it that you saw an "incident report" if you were never arrested or detained? What does "the crime map" refer to?

As far as your question, in the abstract, just about anything is possible, but it's not clear who "they" are or what "removed the police report" means. Removed it from what?

Is that a normal event?

Whether something is or isn't "normal" isn't legally relevant to anything. Also, what's "normal" in Miami, Florida or Portland, Maine might be completely out of the ordinary in Boise, Idaho or Albuquerque, New Mexico. Only someone who is familiar with standard practices in your unidentified area will be able to speak intelligently about what is or isn't "normal."

For starters, your post refers to both an "incident report" and a "police report." Are these supposed to be two different things? Also, how is it that you saw an "incident report" if you were never arrested or detained? What does "the crime map" refer to?

The local police plot the reported police case on a map in almost live format. It is just called incident report since it covers a number of things. You can narrow the map down to the specific retail store or area as you wish and define the date range. Mine showed up with the exact time of the incident reporting early in the morning the next day as being filed right away I assume. And then later in the afternoon, a refresh showed nothing reported from the store that day. That is why I was wondering if the store LP/Manager basically logged on the actual crime reporting site with his Claim number and removed it since essentially all the goods were returned later that day.

As far as your question, in the abstract, just about anything is possible, but it's not clear who "they" are or what "removed the police report" means. Removed it from what?

By removed I mean cancel their police report I guess. Like if you see something stolen from your truck in the AM and then you file a police report and it shows back up later. So you go ahead and cancel your report I guess is what I mean.

Whether something is or isn't "normal" isn't legally relevant to anything. Also, what's "normal" in Miami, Florida or Portland, Maine might be completely out of the ordinary in Boise, Idaho or Albuquerque, New Mexico. Only someone who is familiar with standard practices in your unidentified area will be able to speak intelligently about what is or isn't "normal."

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. As stated NO ONE here can give you that answer. You are best served staying out of that store and NOT mention this to anyone!!

Back