Security Deposit I really want to move!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

solomonann

I transferred into a 2 bedroom home from my 1 bedroom apartment on November 17. I was made to pay a transfer fee of $200. When I asked why they did not just transfer the security deposit of $325 that I paid for the 1 bedroom I was told it was against their policy, and that i would receive my deposit back in 30-45 days. When I asked my is the process so long, I was told that they have a process to go through before it's returned. I still have not received my security deposit and it's February 7th. I received the amount of my security deposit in January. And every time i call about it she states that "they're working on it, and that "they'll get back to me". But they never do. Instead they keep giving me violations for minor things like a trash bag on my porch and dog poop that was blaimed on my dog. They are trying to create more and more fees for me so that I would have to return all of my deposit back to them. How long do they have to return my security deposit to me? They are stressing me out. I have had to speak with them or the Corparate office every other day for the past 2 to 3 months. I do not have a piece of mind about my living situation, even though my rent is always paid. The office comes into my apartment randomly looking for my dog, which I can no longer have live with me. They come into my home 2 to 3 times a week, and they have been caught going through my dresser drawers. I have $100 missing fom my home as of yesterday. And they never leave a note when they come and why they were there, which it states to do in my lease. Really need some legal advise because I don't think I can afford a lawyer, but i don't deserve to be treated so unfairly at my own home.

I transferred into a 2 bedroom home from my 1 bedroom apartment on November 17. I was made to pay a transfer fee of $200. When I asked why they did not just transfer the security deposit of $325 that I paid for the 1 bedroom I was told it was against their policy, and that i would receive my deposit back in 30-45 days. When I asked my is the process so long, I was told that they have a process to go through before it's returned. I still have not received my security deposit and it's February 7th. I received the amount of my security deposit in January. And every time i call about it she states that "they're working on it, and that "they'll get back to me". But they never do. Instead they keep giving me violations for minor things like a trash bag on my porch and dog poop that was blaimed on my dog. They are trying to create more and more fees for me so that I would have to return all of my deposit back to them. How long do they have to return my security deposit to me? They are stressing me out. I have had to speak with them or the Corparate office every other day for the past 2 to 3 months. I do not have a piece of mind about my living situation, even though my rent is always paid. The office comes into my apartment randomly looking for my dog, which I can no longer have live with me. They come into my home 2 to 3 times a week, and they have been caught going through my dresser drawers. I have $100 missing fom my home as of yesterday. And they never leave a note when they come and why they were there, which it states to do in my lease. Really need some legal advise because I don't think I can afford a lawyer, but i don't deserve to be treated so unfairly at my own home.

Unfortunately, we don't offer you legal advice.

We simply try to educate people, with simple issues.

You need a lawyer, or you need to be patient.

Sometimes there is no remedy to our problem.

Why?

Because no one cares about your pain, but you.

You need to be very nice and hope they refund your money.

Or, you need to hire a lawyer to get your money for you.

In your case, hiring a lawyer will cost more than you might receive.

So, be very nice, and hope they respond accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back