I pay his bills. He don't give me legal credit. Help

charliejoe09

Jurisdiction
Texas
When I met my fiancé I was in a bad credit situation. He was the breadwinner He bought my car. My lease was up and I needed a new one. He Said it would be cheaper to have a low interest rate and I could pay him.

I did it.

Since then he left me once and demanded the car back. I gave it back and rented one until I could figure it out among other things. We got back together I started paying it again. I'm still paying.

I recently contacted a credit repair agency. Guy said my biggest issue was that I had no legal/credit responsibility.

He suggested I co sign the car. And get my name on anything I pay for.

My fiancé ran the numbers and said that he is upside down on the car. He doesn't want to co sign the car. He also won't put my name on the house/mortgage. He won't even put me on the electric or cable bill.

He blew up. He said that I would be insane to think he would put me and my bad credit on anything associated with him and his credit. He first said I could take the entire car loan (with negative equity) but then said it was dumb since I don't need to fix my credit right now since I'm not buying anything... and that he needs every extra cent to pay off debt...not throw it away in extra interest rate to improve my credit.

He also told me he met with his accountant and told him all about my bad credit! He said this accountant told him his wife had bad credit too and he should not do anything right now. Just let me try and get a secured card.

Im pretty pissed. He also told me The electric bill and taxes went up so he will be asking me to pay more per month. Yeah, the bill be Won't put my name on.

What would you do here?

Sent from my iPhone

What would you do here?

Who cares what anonymous strangers on the internet would do?

Moreover, your post raises no legal issues.

If you don't like the situation, dump the guy and move on. On the other hand, you described this guy as your fiance. When's the wedding?

Find a new fiancee

Or, simplify your life, and be the master of your own fate, the captain of your soul, by remaining unattached and free as the wind.

Mixing finances with someone you aren't legally married to is a bad idea. Your fiance is smart not to co-sign with you if you have bad credit. You don't say why your credit is bad but if you don't pay, it brings down his credit. It is up to you how much you want to contribute to joint living expenses. It doesn't sound like either of you are moving in the direction of making this relationship long term, and certainly not a legal arrangement. Keep it that way.

I have to disagree with the opinion that you are being manipulated. Your fiancé is very smart not to mix your bad finances with his. You are not married. There is no reason why he should put your name on HIS house. He is smart not to co-sign for a car with you. I advise people all the time NOT to do any of those things.

Back