I paid atty $2500 up front, in 7mos he filed 1 motion, then withdrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

After 7mos. my Az atty filed a motion to withdraw, it was granted in 6tanding, he agreed he could "handle" my Az hoa lien foreclosure, I paid him $2500 immediatly, I forwarded the entire lawsuit to him, the lawsuit contained a lis pendens & lien foreclosure also. We had 10days to respond to the Summons & complaint. Twenty days went by & I rec'd a Notice of Default - for not responding to summons & complaint. This notice was mailed to me ONLY, no atty listed for me. My atty said he forgot to file answer & notice of appearance. Seven wks total before he filed an answer. In the meantime I had called Az Bar re: my attys actions, I was afraid because the lawsuit called for Sheriff sale of condo if they won. 7 mos after I paid him $2500 to represent me, he filed a motion to withdraw, it was granted 5wks later by judge. THE ONLY THING this atty did was file the Answer which was 4wks late. The $2500 WAS ALL THE MONEY I HAD, I had told him that at beginning.
Long story short: I have been UNABLE to retain new counsel, pro-bono, community assistance, reduced....of any kind. The JUDGE has been GRANTING All motions, etc. that hoa- plaintiff atty has filed BASED ON that there has been NO OPPOSITION to all claims against me. He granted Summary Judgement. Is there ANYTHING I CAN do to make the judge aware of the position I am in? A lengthy, informative, Reconsideration? A formal letter to Judge (& copy to plaintiff atty) stating my credibility, ALL facts re:why I'm in position that I'm in? Include STRICTLY info., meritorious facts....explaining in FULL Detail why there was no responses or motions OPPOSING hoa-plaintiffs allegations? Something/Anything I can try? I have nothing more to lose at this point!

It's quite regrettable that you now find yourself in the inenviable position of debating if you should take leave to appeal.

First off, no, you can't just tell the judge of your problems.

He or she won't entertain such a discussion because its ex parte communications.

Frankly, if I were faced with your choices, I'd let it be.

Appellate law is extremely difficult, and the issue must be based upon an erroneous ruling or ineffective assistance of counsel.

I don't know enough to say, if either of those apply.

Lets assume one or both do.

You'll have to master AZ civil procedure and appellate law.

All I can say is that yours isn't an issue for any online forum.

You might want to seek new counsel, or prepare to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back