Other Immigration Law I need full service Immigration help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamranks

Hello all: I'm contemplating having my parents who are in their 70s migrate to the United States. I would like to have a contact attorney here in the Detroit area who could help with not only the immigration legalities, but also the purchase of health insurance, address any tax implications that might face me, other liabilities, the time and effort it takes for them to become US citizens, and other issues. Of course, I'd be interested in a fairly good estimate of the costs involved, in terms of attorney fees, application fees, and others.

I'd appreciate whatever help I can receive from you. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your response mightymoose. My concern is really not the length of time it takes for my parents to become citizens, as it is to determine my liabilities before they are citizens. Specifically, I worry about purchasing healthcare insurance for them. I'd like advice about what is available to me while they're legally dependent on me, before they're citizens. If I could find a "one stop shop" for receiving all that would concern someone in my situation, it would be great. Thanks again.

You really need to speak with a local immigration attorney.

Your situation requires more attention than a message board can provide.

Good luck!

Thank you for your response mightymoose. My concern is really not the length of time it takes for my parents to become citizens, as it is to determine my liabilities before they are citizens. Specifically, I worry about purchasing healthcare insurance for them. I'd like advice about what is available to me while they're legally dependent on me, before they're citizens. If I could find a "one stop shop" for receiving all that would concern someone in my situation, it would be great. Thanks again.

Some employer based insurance plans will allow you to enroll them under your health insurance plan, as long as they are dependent on you for support.

You might inquire about this at your personnel office.

Depending upon their country of origin, their government might cover their insurance needs while they are visiting you in the US.

They might be better off visiting the US, and retaining their native citizenship.

At their advanced age, there is no benefit for them in obtaining US citizenship.

And, unlike Costa Rica, Panama, Malaysia, Australia, and a number of other nations; the US does not offer retirees/seniors an incentive to come to the US.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back