i just don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

onedergirl07

i married a guy from egypt in 2008.. we filled out his paperwork for his greencard in may 2008 and he received his greencard in august 2008.. we had a rocky marriage due to the fact i am bipolar and said things i didn't mean... he left in february 2009 and i filed for divorce in june 2009.. he says i'm trying to get him deported but i don't want that... he came back in august 2009 to say he wanted me back but i didn't believe him.. to make a long story short the lawyer that i retained i have already paid 2200 and now he wants 500 more dollars to represent me in court.. my husband wants to add into the divorce decree for I 864 which is an immigration form that i signed to state that he wouldn't become a burden to the government.. he said he quit his job to come back in august.. i really don't know.. now he has retained an attorney... i don't have more money to pay my attorney and i'm having mixed feelings about the divorce and really still care about my husband.. can i represent myself in court if we have to go through with it or can we stop the proceedings or can i petition the court because of that.. what are my options... i do have a disability and was thinking about going on disability.. will i still have to honor the form i signed if my income has changed drastically.. please help.. thanks.. i still love my husband .. by the way the house i live in has my mom's and my name on it with right of survivorship .. i wanted my name off to add my sister's name but they lawyer i talked to says since the deed has me as a married woman i have to get divorced to do that.. can i add her name without doing that.. thanks

Compound question

Please don't take offense at this. There is no shame in being bi-polar if you take your meds. Get on, and stay on, your meds. Even in your short post your bi-polar nature shows through like a spotlight.

That having been said, he is not through his two year window with that green card so he stands to lose it if you divorce him. Do it and don't help him stay here. You start and stop a lot of things. You want to divorce him but you love him. You have already paid $2200 but you are ready to stop over $500. You have this house in joint tenancy with your Mom but want to change it. Meds dear, it will make your life so much easier. No shame, I have been on them too.

Do not dump your lawyer. You have paid too much and come too far for that and you can not handle this alone. I won't even go into how you met, fell in love, and married a guy from Egypt in light of the current environment that in itself is worrisome. You can not get yourself off this property because your husband may have an interest in it via property settlement.

Stick with your lawyer, take HIS advice and stop asking people on this forum when you have an attorney. He is or should be the expert and he shouldn't have to explain away all the advice you may get here. MEDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back