I have reasons to sue Instagram/Facebook. I think they are violating their privacy policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacearg

Jurisdiction
South America
Hi, I have some questions and I don't know how to proceed, I need some orientation.
The problem is that instagram and Facebook are suggesting me people, and suggesting me to people, that they only could know that I know them, by using data about me that they shouldn't have or use.
For example, I create an instagram account. I don't link this account with my email or Facebook, and I don't install the instagram mobile app. I only fill in the phone number field with my real phone number and choose a password and a fake username. Then a friend of mine is seeing my account as suggested and after a couple of days I see him too. There is no option for disabling that, and that behavior is not part of the privacy policy. I found some other scenarios too that I think can probe this and others privacy violations.

What should I do? I don't live in the United States. Can I demand Facebook? Remember that Facebook owns instagram, whatsapp and Facebook itself.

Thanks, I would like to hear tour opinions or similar cases.

This forum focuses on US laws.
You need to speak with a South American law expert.

Thanks, I would like to hear tour opinions

Sorry, but once you put yourself out on the internet there is no such thing as privacy anymore.

I have the same thing on my facebook page. There are hundreds of pictures of people whom I "might know" when the reality is that I have no idea who these people are nor do I want to.

The ironic thing about that is one day my ex wife showed up as someone who I "might know" and I haven't had word one with her in 20 years.

Bottom line, if you don't like what's happening on social media, stay off social media. There's nothing to sue for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back