I have had sole physical custody of my child for 1 year

RyJohn88

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I have had physical custody of my now 3 year old since April 2017. From birth she was in the care of my mother or me full time until I took her to visit her mother for mothers day 2016 at which time her mother kept her for 2 months in which time she was awarded child support. After those two months we went to a 50/50 joint custody agreement which lasted 6 or 7 months before she came back to me full time. I'm simply trying to find the most effective way to establish that I have custody and be removed from child support. I shouldn't have to pay support for a child that has primarily been in the care of myself or my family for more time than she has been with her mother.

Who told you that you must pay child support?
If it was not ordered by a court you are not obligated to pay it.
Did the custody order you refer to originate from the courts?

I don't believe she went thru the courts she simply applied for support and lied about the amount of time she had her.

I'm going to guess that the mother obtained child support through the local child support enforcement authority. Obviously, you can contact that same authority about any administrative procedure to contest the order, but the smart thing to do would be to hire an attorney and petition the court.

That's exactly what happened

If you believe the state child enforcement agency erred, you should contact that agency and plead your case.

Your other option is to HIRE yourself a lawyer and instruct the lawyer to take the matter before a court.

Until you take an appropriate legal action, the existing orders stand.

Even if you pursue an additional remedy, doesn't mean you will be successful; which is why you should speak with a MO licensed attorney, not strangers on the 'net!

Back