Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse I have a question about a ticket that I was charged with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackingup247

I am in the middle of court case right now in the state of Missouri. I was charged with "Unlawful use of drug paraphenalia". The reason I was charged with this offense, was because of cigarette rolling papers that were found in my possession. The reason I was pulled over in the first place, was due to my boyfriend speeding. I did tell the cop that I had smoked that morning; however, that I smoked the rest of it and that I smoked specifically out of a cigarillo that morning and everytime I smoked in the past. I also smoke cigarettes and told him I roll my own cigarettes with cigarette butts when I ran out and was low on money. Is there a possible chance to win a case such as mine? What physical evidence do they really have on me besides legal cigarette rolling papers and word of mouth. Is there a chance of beating this case? What advice do you have for me? Do you have any comments about my situation? Thanks.

I am in the middle of court case right now in the state of Missouri. I was charged with "Unlawful use of drug paraphenalia". The reason I was charged with this offense, was because of cigarette rolling papers that were found in my possession. The reason I was pulled over in the first place, was due to my boyfriend speeding. I did tell the cop that I had smoked that morning; however, that I smoked the rest of it and that I smoked specifically out of a cigarillo that morning and everytime I smoked in the past. I also smoke cigarettes and told him I roll my own cigarettes with cigarette butts when I ran out and was low on money. Is there a possible chance to win a case such as mine? What physical evidence do they really have on me besides legal cigarette rolling papers and word of mouth. Is there a chance of beating this case? What advice do you have for me? Do you have any comments about my situation? Thanks.

You should consult with your public defender.
Trolling the Internet won't be of much value.
You never know who's giving you tips and hints.
It might even be the ones persecuting you.

The things you want to know could easily be seen via discovery.

One last thought: What you call "word of mouth", the LAW considers a CONFESSION.

You admitted to breaking the law (smoking weed and tobacco) to the officer.

You also did it again in your post.

HINT: You have the RIGHT to remain SILENT. I suggest you start using that right.

Last edited:
Why don't you ask your attorney all of these questions?

You likely are facing charges regarding a juvenile in possession of tobacco products, not drug paraphernalia. Rolling papers are not paraphernalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back