I got scammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

makemewuff

Hey, some months ago i sent $1 to a person who claimed to send me $2 dollars back and so forth. I only have the email on paypal i sent the money to. I have got no money still and i wonder if i can do anything to get them back.
Thanks

Hey, some months ago i sent $1 to a person who claimed to send me $2 dollars back and so forth. I only have the email on paypal i sent the money to. I have got no money still and i wonder if i can do anything to get them back.
Thanks

There is little you can do, but complain to PayPal.

The amount you lost is too small for you to pursue a cost effective legal remedy.

And, you can forget the criminal complaint route.

Unless you can uncover thousands of others that were ripped off by this dude, no prosecutor would touch this case.

Besides that, the creature that scammed you probably resides 5,000 miles outside of US Territory.

If its too good to be true, then it ain't true!!!!

Last edited:
This is one of the oldest scams in history.

;)
Seriously... it's just worse now with electronic transfers because people actually believe that they can simply call up Paypal who will give them their money back. I'll bet that within 23 seconds of the receipt of the money, the recipient transferred it into their bank account and spent it on... well... anything. No, that money isn't coming back. Nobody deserves to get scammed but one has to be smarter than believing that they will get $2 for just giving away $1 because someone else will do the same and so on and so on... (the old chain letter pyramid scam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back